Easy, healthy and no bake granola bars have shredded coconut, coconut oil and coconut sugar in them, for a nice coconut-y flavor, plus lots of rolled oats to make them enjoyable at any time.
- 3 cups Quick Oats
- 1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup of IMC coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2oz / 60 grams of Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the oats and the coconut on a baking sheet and toast for 5-7 minutes. Let cool and transfer to a large bowl. Prepare an 8×8-inch baking pan by spraying it lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut oil, honey and IMC coconut sugar. Heat, stirring until melted. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the oats and coconut and stir until evenly combined. Press the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing down very firmly. I like to lay a sheet of wax paper over the bars and press down with a metal flipper to get it as compact as possible so they don’t fall apart.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and microwave on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until just about melted. Let it melt the last little bit just by stirring, don’t overheat the chocolate or it will seize. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the tops of the bars. Allow to cool for at least 2 hours at room temperature before cutting into bars. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Follow us on our social media for more updates.