Coconut Sugar Cinnamon Cake Bites Let’s make a delicious bite size dessert! They require little effort and simple ingredients. A blend of Coconut oil, gluten free vanilla cake mix, melted peanut butter, coconut sugar, and gluten free cinnamon grahams.
Cinnamon Cake Bites Ingredients
Coconut Sugar Cinnamon Cake Bites require little effort to make, and just a few simple ingredients.
- Coconut oil
- gluten free
- vanilla cake mix
- melted peanut butter
- coconut sugar
- gluten free cinnamon grahams
These Sugar Cinnamon Cake Bites are quick to make for parties, family gatherings, and gifting to neighbors!
The “cake” base of these bites are made from my vegan coconut cake recipe minus the citrus and shredded coconut. And of course there are a few yummy add-ins, since gluten bites and no bake bites are my specialty!
- Gluten free cake mix one box (with or without eggs if desired). See notes for how to make the cake without eggs. (Without eggs you will need and 2 tsp vanilla, additional 2 tsp vinegar, and oil)
- 1-2 tbsp cinnamon.
- 2oz white chocolate (vegan option)
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter Pinch of cocoa powder (2 tsp)
- 2- 3 tablespoons + melted butter or coconut oil
- 185 grams/6 ounces of gluten free cinnamon graham crackers (1.5-2 cups crushed)
- Pinch of sea salt and cinnamon
- Coconut sugar to coat
- Optional powdered sugar (sugar free option)
- Optional additional melted white chocolate to drizzle
- For trifle option, layer with my coconut whip frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake gluten free cake according to instructions with 1 + tbsp extra cinnamon added to cake mix. BAKING NOTE– pull the cake out of the oven a little early so the batter is softer, for mixing. See notes for eggless option.
- Once cake is baked, set aside to cool. Then place cake in a bowl and tear into pieces, creating a crumbling batter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl in a small bowl combine white chocolate and peanut butter. Melt in microwave in 30 set increments until mixture is melted and can be combined smoothly.
- If the white chocolate and peanut butter is too thick to melt, add 1 tsp coconut oil, stir, and heat again until smooth. This also can be melted on the stove.
- Pour the white chocolate peanut butter mix over the crumbled cinnamon cake and mix together with spoon or hands if needed. The batter should then be ready to mix and roll into balls/bites.
- Roll mixture into balls. About the size of a golf size ball (or smaller) . Place on cookie sheet and place in freezer to set.
- While the cake bites or chilling, make your cinnamon sugar graham cracker crust coating. Grind your graham crackers in a food processor or crush in ziplock bag. Place crumbs in large bowl. Add a 1/2 tbsp more cinnamon and/or coconut sugar.
- Next, in a small bowl, melt the coconut oil butter.
- After the cake bites have cooled, take them out of the fridge/freezer and roll each bite in butter/coconut oil then the crushed cinnamon graham crackers.
- Place the cakes bites back on cookie sheet. Repeat coating process for all cake bites. Then place in the fridge or freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and drizzle with extra melted white chocolate, powdered sugar, and serve or store for later. Store in airtight container. Best kept in fridge or freezer for up to 10 -14 days.
- For trifle with cinnamon cake bites, layer in a jar or glass with coconut whip! YUM!